Really challenging game!
A downloadable game for Windows
Smalltalk is a game where you attend a dinner party, listen to some smooth jazz, and chat to a fellow party-goer. It's also about just how difficult something like a normal conversation with another perfectly normal person can be.
Play minigames representing the different facets of social interaction, like keeping up a witty back and forth, staying on topic, or even something as simple as not looking like you'd rather be anywhere else but here. It's quite simple to do one, but if all you had to do to make a good impression was stand still and smile, we wouldn't find it so difficult, would we?
These should all be obvious in game, but just in case you like reading...
- WASD or arrow keys to control the minigames that require horizontal or vertical movement
- Space to control the minigames that require the space key
- Space also restarts the game when you lose
- The big red X in the top bar of the game quits. That or Alt-F4.
- You're free to distribute the game as you please, so long as you credit it correctly. A link to jellymachete.itch.io is also much appreciated.
- You may not sell the game.
- Music is 3 pound universe by Jeris (c) copyright 2013 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Made a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdlaGl5FbJ4&feature=youtu.be
Hey there! I tried out your game was a lot of fun! played it on my channel
I got up to 12. It's really though with three games at the same time. Still easier then talking to new people at a party... I guess. :)